– Jesús Rodríguez-Baño, Professor of medicine, University of Seville; and Head, Infectious Diseases division, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena (Spain)
– Julia Bielicki, Senior consultant in paediatric infectious diseases, University of Basel Children’s Hospital (Switzerland); and Reader in paediatric infectious diseases, St George’s, University of London (UK)
– Marc Bonten, Professor of molecular epidemiology of infectious diseases at University Medical Centre Utrecht, (the Netherlands)
Presentation 1: Trials in complicated urinary tract infections – opportunities from POS-cUTI/ECRAID (Jesús Rodríguez-Baño)
– Specific aspects of randomized trials in cUTI will be reviewed.
– New desings in trials in cUTI will be discussed.
– POS-cUTI will be presented and opportunities discussed.
Presentation 2: Planning for change: Severe Neonatal Infection Platform – AFRICA (SNIP-AFRICA) (Julia Bielicki)
Since the evidence base for neonatal sepsis management in LMICs with high prevalence of resistant bacteria is limited, a research architecture is required to flexibly and efficiently accommodate a range of activities to address corresponding research questions. SNIP-AFRICA represents such an architecture to be implemented in the sub-Saharan African setting through leveraging the expertise, experience and on-going research of the diverse SNIP-AFRICA partnership. SNIP-AFRICA has been explicitly planned with extensions and adaptations in mind to facilitate integration of new interventions, in particular new or repurposed antibiotics, into its overall work plan.
This webinar is done in collaboration with ecraid – the European Clinical Research Alliance on Infectious Diseases.
Audience questions will be answered at the end of the webinar.
Date and time:
Wed, Sep 20, 2023 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM CEST
Dedicated registration link here