Date and time:
Thu, Dec 7, 2023 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM CET
Fixing the AMR pipeline isn’t just about developing new treatments. To stand strong against AMR we need to put public health needs at the center of antibiotic drug development. Current antibiotics are not reaching people who need them and new ones aren’t being developed where they are most needed.
The webinar will be an opportunity to not only present GARDP’s new five-year strategy, but also highlight our achievements over the past five years in developing new and improved treatments for drug-resistant infections, including neonatal sepsis, serious bacterial infections and gonorrhoea, and ensure that they reach the people who need them most, including children, women and the elderly.
Over the past five years, through our partnership model, GARDP has successfully developed a comprehensive portfolio of antibiotic treatments and we are well on our way of reaching our goal of delivering five treatments by 2025 (with four treatments in our current portfolio). We are also pioneering new access models with our innovator, manufacturing and distribution partners.
Our unique not-for-profit antibiotic R&D model focuses on integrating R&D and access, negotiating public-private collaboration and licensing agreements, and working in partnership with all key stakeholders to coordinate efforts in the antibiotic pipeline of drug development and access with the goal of addressing public health needs.
– Manica Balasegaram, Executive Director, GARDP
– Angela Dramowski, Professor of Paediatric Infectious Diseases at Tygerberg Hospital/Stellenbosch University, and Principal Investigator of the neonatal sepsis observational study
– Ramanan Laxminarayan, One Health Trust Founder and Director and GARDP Board Chair
– Veronika Von Messling, Director-General for Life Sciences at the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research
– Jasper Claessen, Senior Advisor at the Department of Pharmaceutical Affairs, Dutch Ministry of Health
Moderator: Laura Piddock, Scientific Director, GARDP
Dedicated registration link here